Pages

7.15.2009

That pesky Motivation

Yesterday, I awoke before my alarm went off, 5:15 am. My arms hurt from my workout on Monday, but I was ready to go biking. That was until Motivation and Common Sense decided to argue right next to my bed. It was quite a battle. Common Sense was arguing that I needed a break, my body needed a rest and my muscles needed a chance to heal. Motivation's argument was, "Hey, she's awake, let her get going!" This continued for about 10 minutes. I was getting annoyed.

Finally, I told Motivation to get lost. Common Sense was right. Sometimes we just need a break. I don't need to overdo it and go into burnout mode. I need to keep this up. Exercise needs to have a permanent place in my life. I told Motivation to take the day off and come back tomorrow.

No comments: