Pages

7.17.2009

One step up, two steps back

Wednesday was a great fitness day. I woke up at 5:30, bounded out of bed, got dressed, and was off on my bike by 5:47! Yay! I rode for 30 minutes, and stopped once to run a few laps around the walking trail at the park. I came home and lifted weights for my upper body workout. A bit later in the morning, I took Harper for a long walk. By 1:00 pm, I had clocked over 11,000 steps!!

But sadly, when I returned home at 3:00 pm, I found that my house had been burglarized. No, I'm not kidding...wish I were. Two laptops, a camcorder, and all of my and my husband's jewelry was stolen. Crappy rest of the day to say the least.

Now, I fear that my friend Motivation will abandon me again just has he's done for the past two years when life has thrown a wrench at me during this same week In July. I'm really trying to turn my anger over the burglary into energy spent exercising. So, today, I took another day off...a mental health day. I spent the day cleaning my entire house which I guess is exercise, right? I did log over 10,000 steps so that was good for not actually making an effort to run or walk.

I feel somewhat defeated, but I don't want to let some loser burglars rob me of my momentum. They've already taken so much from me, I can't let them win this battle. I am on my knees...I am making an official plea to Motivation...Pleeeeease, don't walk away now. We've been making so much progress. I NEED you.

1 comment:

Bren said...

You can do it Sheil. The motivation will be back. Maybe it needed a short hiatus. I can't see it leaving for too long; after you've come so far. Keep it up!