Pages

7.23.2009

Another early morning

This morning my cell phone alarm went off promptly at 6 am. Just as I was about to hit snooze, Motivation scooped my cell phone out of my hand. "Not this morning, missy", he says. Oh, jeez, why today? It's cloudy and dreary. I want to stay in bed. But he argues by reminding me that I haven't ridden bike in 8 days. And he urges me to get out there before the rain starts. OH. OK. If I must.

I enjoy peace and quiet for the first 10 minutes of the ride. Then suddenly Motivation turns into Chatty Cathy and wants to yak it up. Pleeeease! Can I just chug along with my quiet thoughts to myself? Really. I'm trying to focus on the content of this post, the last remaining things I need to add to my grocery list and most importantly, my doctor appointment later that morning.

He's upset with me. He says he only wanted to offer me some words of encouragement and I shot him down. Great. Don't I feel like a huge jerk? I apologize and he continues to tell me how proud he is of me...the waking up early, the dedication to exercising and the loyalty to my special cardiac diet.

Just when I feel like smacking him in the face, he tells me the exact words I need to hear.

No comments: