Pages

8.01.2009

The countdown begins

I have exactly 28 days, that's 4 weeks, until a family vacation. That's 28 days to get in shape for a full 7 straight days in a bathing suit. With my stomach exposed. With my thighs exposed. With my hips exposed. Oh God. My heart races at the prospect. Not that my sisters and their families will be judgemental. It's the hoards of other people on the beach that worry me.

I've been exercising at least 4 times per week, usually 5, sometimes 6 or 7. And although I'm making tremendous progress firming up those flabby areas, my stomach is at a stand still, and I'm convinced that only a tummy tuck is going to correct the problem. Crunches? Do those, but quite honestly, who can suffer through the amount that it takes to have six pack abs? Not I.

So, beginning this week. I'm incorporating a focus on my abs in my daily workouts in hopes of tightening up just a little bit. I'm not looking for the six pack, but a little less flab would be nice. What is it about turning 40? Everything settles in your middle. Hate that.

No comments: