Pages

8.10.2009

Inching closer

I'm getting closer and closer to signing up for that 5k. On Saturday, I ran 9 times around the track, and with me were Motivation, Stamina and Progress. Of course, it didn't hurt that it was a picture perfect summer's day with temperatures in the low 70's and absolutely no humidity. Wish I could say the same for this morning.

Brutal. Even at 6:00 am, the temps were soaring into the 90's and the relative humidity was close to 88%. Who can run in that kind of weather? I can tell you this, I can't. And neither can Motivation, Progress or Stamina. In fact, Stamina doesn't do well at all under those oppressive conditions.

Tomorrow, I'll take the kids to the park in the morning for my run. They are proving to be great cheerleaders. Better than those lame mental cheerleaders who show up sparingly!

On another note, my arms are lookin' good if I do say so myself. But I don't want it to look as if I'm making a tremendous effort with my arms. I don't want my arms to look as if I work out. I don't want those ugly Madonna arms with veins and muscles bulging and protruding. So, in light of that, I'm cutting back on the upper body workouts. Scaling down to light weights 2 times per week. In its place will go the ab workouts. Ugh! Hate those!

I have 2 and half weeks until I post my picture. Oh, and I just bought a new bathing suit from the awesome swim sale at VictoriasSecret.com. You've got to check it out. Some pieces are as low as $5.99! I kid you not. Buy one. It'll be your incentive to get in shape!

1 comment:

Bren said...

Can't believe you're doing all this exercising. Determination has definitely been behind some of this. Can't wait to see the new bod.