Pages

8.02.2009

New friends and new goals

This weekend was a weekend for meeting and exceeding my goals. On Saturday, I had high hopes. I wanted to beat my personal best for running around the trail. My best had been 3 times around without stopping. On Saturday, I set out to hit 4 and was hoping, but not expecting, to get 5 times around. You can't see it, but I'm jumping up and down right now. I ran almost 8 times around without stopping!!! Without falling on my face. Without panting, huffing, puffing or gasping for air. Yay!

This is huge for me. Huge. For one thing, I have a new friend, Stamina. Yes, all this running has introduced me to Stamina. I like my new friend. Progress was all over me this weekend, too. When I started running, I could barely make it around the track once. I mean it. Half way around was a real stretch. Lame, I know, but true. To make it around 8 times shows tremendous progress and determination on my part. I didn't know I had it in me.

To reward myself, I took a little break today. No running this morning. But I did participate in a 2.5k walk for the American Brain Tumor Association. I got in some walking and for a good cause too. Afterwards, I squeezed in an upper body workout.

This week's focus: Abs!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!

No comments: