Pages

1.29.2010

Metabolism = the arch enemy

The older you get, the more your body works against you. And right now, my body and I are in the boxing ring. I'm pulling punches right and left, but I'm getting nowhere. What gives?

All the Halloween candy, Thanksgiving goodness and Christmas treats have finally caught up with me. I've got some extra weight around the middle, hanging for dear life unto my hips. This week I focused on weight training more so than the running. I read that running doesn't actually do a whole lot in terms of speeding metabolism and burning extra calories, but weight training does. So, I picked up my 5, 8 and 10 lb. dumbells and got to work.

With the help of some Exercise TV videos, I've incorporated some new workouts into the mix. I'm at the point where I'll do anything to become friends with Metabolism. Anything. I've also reworked my eating plan. I read in this month's issue of Web MD that breakfast MUST be your largest meal of the day. Lunch follows, and dinner should be next to nothing. Great! Just the opposite of what I was doing. Metabolism is at its peak in the morning. If you load up in the morning, metabolism will burn many of those calories almost immediately.

That's the new approach, and I'm happy about it. I felt as if I was making no progress before this switch. We'll see how the next week goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

My name is Robert and I am a Marketing Coordinator for Exercise TV. I would love to get in touch with you about questions regarding Exercise TV, its content and other stuff. If you could email me at ExTVRob@gmail.com, I would love to be able to ask you some questions.

Thanks so much!