Pages

1.07.2010

Let's back up...

Now that Motivation is back with a huge sense of accomplishment and a purpose, he's eager to kick my sorry ass into shape.

Here's what happened, and I'm sorry to say that it's not all Motivation's fault. At the beginning of October I had my blood work done to check my lipid profile. For those not in the know, lipid profile blood work includes cholesterol, triglycerides and C-Reactive Protein. When I saw my general physician a week later to go over the results, I was astounded. My cholesterol dropped more than 60%. 60%!! I was amazed. Excited! Yay! All of my hard work with my diet and exercise programs paid off. In a big way!! Oh, yeah, I need to give credit to my daily dose of Lipitor.

So what did I do? I took a week off from exercising. But a week turned into 2. And 2 turned into 3 and so on. It was a snowball effect which turned into a snowman. I'm not proud of it. Considering I was exercising consistently and loving it, falling off the wagon was a huge setback. And an embarrassing one at that.

Anyway, I'm back in a new year with a new set of fitness goals. I want to start running again, and hopefully run my first 5K in April. This is my BIG fitness goal. I want to work up to 3.2 miles by the beginning of April. I'm going to start weight training again. Lastly, I need to re-work my diet/nutrition plan. The holiday damage is done. No use crying over that now. The sweets and wine were fun while they lasted, but they are no more.

To recap:
1) Start running again. Ultimate goal: Run 3.2 miles (non-stop) by April 1.
2) Weight training - 4-5 times per week
3) Get my eating act together. No more wine during the week. Sweets and diet soda in moderation. Lots and lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains.
4) Yoga!

Who's on board? Don't make me do this alone!

No comments: