Pages

1.11.2010

Finding Inspiration

Do you have difficulty finding inspiration to work out? When I was single, it was easy. To get a guy, I needed to look good. But now that I'm married, I've got a guy who loves me when I'm at my best or with a few extra pounds...jiggly pounds (or so he says!).

Inspiration doesn't come easy these days. But when there are months until my beach days, I easily and quickly become inspired. We live just miles from the beach in coastal New Jersey. Once school is out for the summer, we spend our days at the beach. And hey, I don't need anyone mistaking me for beached whale.

So, I'm getting my butt in gear. This year, I am easing into a fitness routine. I don't want to burn out and tire of the exercise and eating programs. I'm taking it slowly and doing a little bit each day. As my strength and endurance build, I'll add more time to my workouts each day.

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am trying to make healthier choices when it comes to meals and snacks. I have an enormous sweet tooth which almost always wins out. I'm trying to keep my sweets to a minimum and enjoy them (and my beloved wine) in moderation.

Here's my inspiration picture....Oh, to look like this by May 15!

No comments: