Pages

9.03.2009

Vacation

OK, so here I am in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware for a week of R&R with my sisters and their families. It's all Good. Very Good.

A super close family friend is here, and oh, she just happens to be a personal trainer. Very convenient to have on vacation. She's keeping us all in line. We do our daily exercises and my sister Brenda and I have been walking every morning. OK, well today we missed our walk. We woke early to watch the sunrise, and I was just too darn tired after taking pictures of the sunrise to walk. So what did I do? I went back to sleep for almost 2 hours. Pathetic, I know.

OK, on to the most important part of vacation...the food. I have to admit it's been torture. TORTURE. I am surrounded by deeeelicious treats, and I can't have any of it. I little sneak here and there is OK, but seriously, who does that? Either you fully indulge or you sustain. I've been forced to sustain. I'm not happy about it.

I'm watching everyone around me devour funnel cakes, french fries, fudge, and pizza. I can hear the trans fats calling my name. They are practically begging me to eat them. But thanks to the almighty Will Power, I've been able to ignore the demands of the trans fats. I have no choice. In 3 short weeks I'll have my lipid profile retested, and I CANNOT let trans fats win this battle. No way. No how.

I'm going to come out swingin'!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're awesome!

Keep up the good work! I read a comment (in a wine shop no less) yesterday that said "Life is meant to be enjoyed, not endured."

I'm on a 12 week fitness challenge so I feel your pain, but I've decided to enjoy it and not endure it!

April said...

I commend you on your will power...mine was buried in the sand.