Pages

9.24.2009

The dreaded cholesterol check

I had my blood drawn yesterday to re-check my lipid profile. It's been 3 months since I've been on Lipitor, and my doctor wants to see how the current dosage is working out. I meet with my doctor to review the results on October 2nd. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have to give credit where credit is due. If my bad cholesterol came down and my good went up, I'll owe it all to Will Power. My good pal has been instrumental in helping me keep my diet in check (something that was near impossible considering I was on vacation for a week and had a death in the family a week after returning from vacation). Who can eat healthfully under those circumstances? Well, according to Will Power, I had no choice. And exercise? Will Power cut me a little slack in that area but not much. On Monday morning when I woke, Will Power's first words were, "The party's over, honey!"

Back to business!

No comments: